The Australian Government has made commitments to $50 billion for current and future investments of which $42 billion is in the Infrastructure Investment Programme.
This significant investment is a crucial part of the Government’s Economic Action Strategy to boost economic growth and prosperity, increase productivity and support thousands of new jobs.
Funding provided through the Infrastructure Investment Programme, which is administered by the Department, is made up of a number of individual programmes, each providing targeted funding for land transport projects, including:
- Investment Road and Rail Programme
- Black Spot Programme
- Roads to Recovery Programme
- Heavy Vehicle Safety and Productivity Programme
- Bridges Renewal Programme
- National Highway Upgrade Programme
The Australian Government has announced its investment programme for 2015-16. Budget 2015-16