Western Australia Infrastructure Package - Road and Rail
$1.6 billion Australian Government investment towards additional Western Australian Road and Rail Infrastructure Projects
The Australian Government is contributing $1.6 billion towards the $2.3 billion Western Australia Infrastructure Package – Road and Rail Projects.
The package is being funded from a combination of the Australian Government’s $1.2 billion previously allocated to the Perth Freight Link, $166 million from savings on existing WA road projects and $226 million provided to address WA’s GST shortfall.
The Government’s investment in the infrastructure package includes $760.1 million towards priority new road projects to address safety and congestion at key locations in Perth, and in regional Western Australia. It also includes, subject to assessment by Infrastructure Australia of business cases, $792 million towards future METRONET proposals to upgrade and expand Perth’s metro rail system.
The package will provide a major boost to WA’s local economy, with around 6,000 jobs expected to be supported as a result of the new projects.
The WA Infrastructure Package includes Australian Government funding for the following road projects:
Kwinana Freeway: $274.4 million towards the $368.0 million projects, which includes:
- Armadale Road/North Lake Road: $189.6 million towards the $237.0 million project;
- Russell Road to Roe Highway: $39.2 million towards the $49.0 million project;
- Roe Highway to Narrows Bridge:$37.6 towards the $47.0 million project; and
- Manning Road on-ramp: an additional $8 million towards the $35.0 million project (Australian Government contribution $28 million).
Wanneroo Road: $96.6 million towards the $145.8 million projects, which includes:
Joondalup Drive Intersection: $40.0 million towards the $50.0 million project;
Joondalup Drive to Flynn Drive: $24.8 million towards the $31.0 million project; and
Ocean Reef Road: an additional $31.8 million towards the $64.8 million project (Australian Government contribution $51.8 million).
Murdoch Activity Centre Access: $92.5 million towards the $120 million project.
Leach Highway – Carrington Road to Stirling Highway: $73.6 million towards the $118.0 million project.
Roe Highway – Kalamunda Road: $68.8 million towards the $86.0 million project.
Reid Highway – Altone Road to West Swan Drive: $56.0 million towards the $70.0 million project.
Mitchell Freeway: Cedric Street to Vincent Street: $32.0 million towards the $40.0 million project.
Karel Avenue - Farrington Road to Berrigan Drive: $12.0 million towards the $15.0 million project.
Bunbury Outer Ring Road planning: $10 million towards the $12.5 million project.
Regional Road Safety Package: $44.2 million
The package also includes Australian Government funding towards the WA METRONET rail project.
METRONET: $792 million towards the $1.2 billion project, which includes:
- Thornlie and Yanchep extensions and Station and Level Crossing programs: $700 million towards the $1130.4 million project;
- Business case development: $26.8 million towards the $43.0 million cost;
- Herne Hill Depot facilitation: $15.6 million towards the $25.0 million project; and
- Armadale Line – Denny Avenue Level Crossing: $49.6 million towards the $62 million project.
Map PDF: 3862 KB