Stronger Communities Programme
About the Programme
- In the 2015 Budget, the Australian Government announced the Stronger Communities Programme to fund small capital projects in local communities in each of the 150 Federal Electorates.
- The SCP will deliver $45 million over two funding rounds from 2015-16.
- Each member of Parliament is responsible for undertaking community consultation to identify potential applicants and projects for consideration.
Round 1 is now closed.
A total of 1743 projects were approved under Round 1 of the Programme.
The details of successful projects to date can be found here.
The Department has received a total of 1676 projects under Round 2 of the Programme.
Assessment of projects is continuing and Members Parliament will be advised by the Department of funding decisions as soon as possible after a decision has been made.
Guidance Material for Round 1 and 2
- Stronger Communities Programme Guidelines PDF: 343 KB
- Frequently Asked Questions (updated 15 February 2016) PDF: 243 KB
- Guidance for Members of Parliament (updated 15 February 2016)PDF: 156 KB
- GMS Portal User Guide for Applicants - Round 2 (new) PDF: 1736 KB
- GMS Portal User Guide for Members of Parliament - Round 2 (new)PDF: 919 KB
- Letter of Acceptance Template PDF: 128 KB