|Funding Program:||Roads to Recovery Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Oct 2013 - Oct 2013
|Australian Government Contribution:||$202,872
|Local Council/Shire:||Roper Gulf Shire Council
Extensive storm water damage as original road had a design fault which did not cater for storm water. The storm water eroded the seal and underlay causing restricted access on this road.
• Rip up existing road seal
• Prepare and compact road seal base
• Double seal and bitumen coat
1. Fill holes in existing road pavement before Bomag action to ensure even road base.
2. Rip up existing road seal with Bomag to depth of at least 150mm.
3. Compact existing processed road seal to form base 8.1 metres wide to 98 per cent minimum density.
4. Road base to have 1.5 per cent cross fall (no crown).
1. Apply double seal and bitumen coat with 14/10 aggregate on 350 metres length X 8.1m wide to fit with existing kerbs. Ensure 1.5 per cent cross fall.
2. Overlay seal at kerbing by 25mm to ensure waterproofing.
3. Clean construction site of all industrial waste and shape road shoulders to pre-existing state.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 10/03/2014