|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Late 2017 - Mid 2020
|Estimated Project Cost:||$86,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$25,000,000
Construction of 4.6 kilometres of two-lane single carriageway, with climbing lanes and earthworks, linking Ellerton Drive to the Edwin Land Parkway at the intersection at Old Cooma Road, and a bridge over the Queanbeyan River.
The project will:
- Provide an alternative route for through traffic, alleviating congestion in the Queanbeyan CBD;
- Support the future traffic growth associated with new housing developments in Googong and Tralee;
- Provide a flood-free access through the CBD for 1:100 year flood events;
- Provide alternative access for heavy vehicles; and
- Reduce road safety risk and improve amenity within the CBD.
Australian Government contribution is capped at $25m and is provided on the basis of a NSW Government contribution of $25m. The remaining funding is being met by the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council.
Construction on the project is expected to commence in Late-2017 and be completed in Mid-2020.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 10/10/2017