|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Late 2014 - 2018
|Estimated Project Cost:||$106,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$90,000,000
The package of works consists of six projects on the Northern Territory regional roads network, as follows:
- Roper Highway: Bridges over Roper and Wilton Crossing ($50.5 million);
- Port Keats Road: Improve Flood Immunity at the Moyle River Floodplain plus road realignment in some sections ($17.5 million);
- Arnhem Link Road: Upgrading sections of Arnhem Link Road ($11 million);
- Buntine Highway: Pavement Strengthening and Widening ($10 million);
- Central Arnhem Road: Bridge over Rocky Bottom Creek ($7 million); and
- Santa Teresa Road: Upgrading sections of Santa Teresa Road ($10 million).
The Australian Government has committed $90 million to the Package, with the Northern Territory Government to contribute $16 million.
Construction commenced on the first of the projects in 2014, with the full program to be completed by 2018.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 1/03/2018