|Funding Program:||Roads to Recovery Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Nov 2015 - Apr 2016
|Australian Government Contribution:||$490,742
|Local Council/Shire:||Shire of Victoria Plains
The existing road standard is insufficient to cater for the mix of heavy haulage, farm machinery and commuter traffic that is currently using it. This project will widen narrow sections of the Bolgart East Road to provide a uniform Type 5 standard local distributor road.
The scope of work for this project will include the following.
1. Clear vegetation within clear zone on either side of the existing road.
2. Extend storm water culvert pipes and install headwalls & stabilise upstream & downstream culvert areas.
3. Import new sub base and base gravel either side of existing bitumen and compact.
4. Pulverise existing base layer and bitumen (existing road) and new base shoulder works.
5. Shape and Compact to 102% maximum dry density to line and level.
6. Widen the primer seal to 7.6 metres on the straights and 8 metres on the curves.
7. Seal with 14/7mm over the complete width and length.
8. Install guide posts and new signage.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 10/08/2016