|Funding Program:||Roads to Recovery Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Jul 2016 - Apr 2018
|Australian Government Contribution:||$6,600,747
|Local Council/Shire:||Brisbane City Council
• The timber bridge has deteriorated to a point that it can no longer cope with the heavy freight traffic requiring the use of an alternative 4km route
• Load and speed restrictions have been in place for heavy vehicles to use the bridge
• The flood immunity of the bridge over Wolston Creek (Q2) is lower than the appropriate standard
• Pedestrian and cyclist facilities are substandard/non-existent.
The proposed work includes:
• replacing the existing timber bridge with a new two lane concrete bridge to the west of the existing bridge
• realigning the approaches to the bridge
• raising the bridge level to improve flood immunity
• installing a footpath on the new bridge.
Total cost of proposed project is $14,361,076
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 10/02/2018