|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Early 2018 - Mid 2020
|Estimated Project Cost:||$207,300,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$110,000,000
|Local Council/Shire:||Gold Coast City Council
|Corridor:||Sydney - Brisbane
The project will widen the 5.7 kilometres of the Pacific Motorway to six lanes between Mudgeeraba and Varsity Lakes.
The main features of the project are:
- widening to three lanes in both directions between Exit 79 (Mudgeeraba Road, Robina Town Centre Drive) to Exist 85/85A (Reedy Creek Road);
- lengthening three entry ramps and four exit ramps to meet current design standards;
- upgrading the northbound Mudgeeraba Creek overflow bridge;construction of a new bridge at Stapley Drive;
- replacement of the Link Way exit ramp;construction of concrete safety barriers for the majority of the project’s length; and
- the installation of Managed Motorways.
When complete, the expected benefits of this project will include:
- a reduction in the extent and duration of congestion for this section of the M1;
- enhanced freight efficiency and productivity along the M1 corridor;
- an increase in the resilience of the freight networks by providing an alternative to the New England Highway transport corridor; and
- a decrease in the social impacts of traffice usseus on parallel local roads.
The Australian Government will provide a capped contribution of $110 million, in partnership with the Queensland Government.
Project early works commenced in August 2017. Major construction commenced in April 2018 and is expected to be completed by mid-2020.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 3/05/2018