|Funding Program:||Northern Australia Beef Roads Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Mid 2018 - Late 2018
|Estimated Project Cost:||$830,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$664,000
|Local Council/Shire:||Mareeba Shire Council,Tablelands Regional Council
The Ootann Road is a north-south link between the Burke Developmental Road, the Peninsula Developmental Road and the Kennedy Highway, servicing a number of cattle grazing and production areas in northern Queensland.
This package involves progressive sealing of approximately 1.4 kilometres of the Ootann Road between Almanden to the Kennedy Highway. In conjunction with Package two, approximately 7.8 kilometres of the Ootann Road will be sealed.
The project will deliver the following improvements to the cattle supply chain:
- improved productivity and travel times by sealing unsealed sections of road
- improved accessibility for all road users
- improved road safety by upgrading road quality
- reduce damage and stress to livestock by increasing the sealed length of the link and reducing the overall roughness of the link
- reduced road closures during the wet season
- reduced whole-of-life asset management costs by strengthening and widening pavements to reduce accelerated road wear and damage by heavy vehicles
The Australian Government has committed up to $664,000 towards this $830,000 project. The Mareeba Shire Council and the Tablelands Regional Council will contribute 20 per cent of the total project cost.
Construction is expected to commence in mid-2018 and is due to be completed by late 2018, weather permitting.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 10/05/2018