|Funding Program:||Northern Australia Beef Roads Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Mid 2018 - Early 2020
|Estimated Project Cost:||$1,200,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$960,000
|Local Council/Shire:||Croydon Shire Council,Richmond Shire Council
The Richmond-Croydon Road is part of the inland road network linking cattle properties to major freight routes on the Landsborough and Flinders highways.
This package will seal approximately 4 kilometres of the Richmond-Croydon Road to improve productivity, resilience and safety between the Gulf Developmental Road and the Flinders Highway. In conjunction with Package one, a total of 15 kilometres of the Road will be progressively sealed.
This project will deliver the following improvements to the cattle supply chain:
- improved productivity and travel times for cattle transporters by sealing unsealed sections of road to reduce road roughness
- improved road safety by sealing pavement to current standard, providing adequate width for overtaking and passing of vehicles and improving visibility by reducing dust and flying rock
reduced road roughness and damage to cattle
- improved accessibility by addressing last mile access between Croydon and Richmond by providing higher standard (sealed) road
- improved road reliability for heavy vehicles through increased flood immunity at floodway locations and reduced instances of vehicles getting bogged in wet unsealed pavements
- reduced whole-of-life asset management costs by strengthening pavements to reduce accelerated road wear and damage by heavy vehicles
The Australian Government has committed up to $0.96 million towards this $1.2 million project. The Richmond Shire Council and the Croydon Shire Council will jointly contribute 20 per cent of the total project cost.
Construction commenced in June 2018 and is expected to be completed by early 2020, weather permitting.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 10/07/2018