|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Estimated Project Cost:||$175,210,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$175,210,000
|Local Council/Shire:||Brisbane City Council,Burdekin Shire Council,Hinchinbrook Shire Council,Townsville City Council,Bundaberg Regional Council,Cairns Regional Council,Cassowary Coast Regional Council,Fraser Coast Regional Council,Gladstone Regional Council,Gympie Regional Council,Isaac Regional Council,Mackay Regional Council,Moreton Bay Regional Council,Rockhampton Regional Council,Sunshine Coast Regional Council,Whitsunday Regional Council
|Corridor:||Brisbane - Cairns
This project aims to improve the overall safety of the Bruce Highway, by upgrading high-risk safety locations including black spot and rest areas. The types of work included as a part of this package are:
- removal of road side hazards;
- new and upgraded rest areas;
- wide centre line treatments;
- intersection improvements and upgrades;
- installation of safety barriers; and
- improvements to signs, lines and guidance systems.
When complete, the expected benefits of this project include:
- reduced risk of crashes;
- reduced possibility of conflicts between right-turning traffic and through traffic;
- Commencement and completion dates will be be negotiated with the Queensland Government.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 6/03/2018