|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Late 2019 - Mid 2021
|Estimated Project Cost:||$56,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$44,810,000
|Corridor:||Brisbane - Cairns
This project will provide Intelligent Transport System (ITS) infrastructure at various locations along the Bruce Highway to support identified operational deficiencies and user needs on the highway.
- This ITS equipment includes:
- incident confirmation and verification systems (e.g. CCTV);
- flood warning systems;
- traveller information system (electronic signage); and
- vehicle detection system (Bluetooth).
Expected benefits of this project include:
- reduced duration of road closures during flooding;
- increased capacity;
- reduced crashes;
- improved incident identification for road users;
- reduced vehicle operating costs; and
- improved freight efficiency.
The Australian Government has committed $44.8 million towards the project in partnership with the Queensland Government.
The project is currently in planning with construction expected to start in late 2019 and be completed in mid-2021.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 6/03/2018