|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Late 2018 - Early 2020
|Estimated Project Cost:||$47,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$37,600,000
|Local Council/Shire:||City of Cockburn,City of Melville,City of South Perth
The project will:
- convert the emergency stopping lane on the Kwinana Freeway (from the Roe Highway to the Narrows Bridge) into a running lane;
- co-ordinate ramp signalling;
- install a Lane Use Management System;
- provide full CCTV coverage; and
- upgrade and expand driver information systems through enhanced electronic signage.
The project is expected to reduce congestion; manage incidents; and provide situational awareness updates to the Traffic Operations Centre.
The Australian Government has committed $37.6 million towards the $47.0 million project.
The project is in planning, with work anticipated to commence on site in late 2018.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 23/07/2018