|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Estimated Project Cost:||$354,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$177,000,000
|Local Council/Shire:||City of Charles Sturt,City of West Torrens
The project involves the construction of a new 1.8 kilometre, six lane non-stop motorway along the North-South Corridor, connecting the South Road Superway to the Torrens Road to River Torrens project.
The project also includes:
- a motorway overpass of Regency Road, between Tikalara Street and Minerva Crescent
- tie-ins to the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project lowered motorway at Lamont Street
- two lane parallel surface roads along the length of the motorway to provide connectivity for the arterial road network
- intersection upgrade at Regency Road
- grade separation of Pym Street under the motorway
- upgraded cycling and pedestrian facilities
- traffic management, signage and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)
The project will complete a continuous 47 kilometre non-stop section of the North-South Corridor between Gawler and the River Torrens, reduce travel times by up to 8 minutes between Regency Road to Pym Street in peak periods, provide a safer road network and provide efficient and reliable transport.
The Australian Government will provide up to $177 million to this project.
The project is expected to commence in 2019 and be completed by 2022.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 8/05/2018