|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Estimated Project Cost:||$700,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$560,000,000
|Local Council/Shire:||Shire of Capel,Shire of Dardanup,Shire of Harvey
|Corridor:||Perth - Bunbury
This project will concurrently construct Stage 2 (southern section) and Stage 3 (northern section) of the Bunbury Outer Ring Road to minimise traffic impacts on adjacent sections of the road network. Stage 1 of the Bunbury Outer Ring Road connects South Western Highway south of Bunbury to the Boyanup Picton Road and providing a 3km extension of the Bunbury Port Access Road (Willinge Drive).
Improve Freight Efficiency, Connectivity and Travel Time:
- facilitate the development of the Bunbury Port and south-west industry
- improve access to the existing and developing industrial areas including Waterloo Industrial Area to the south-east of Bunbury
- reduce congestion on the existing network, and improve travel times and freight efficiency
- reduce costs for heavy vehicle operators, companies and commuters as a result of reduced travel time
Improve Safety Outcomes and Local Amenities:
- improve road safety
- reduce air and noise pollution in the developed urban areas along the existing route
The Australian Government has committed $560 million towards the $700 million project.
The project is in planning.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 24/09/2018