|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Estimated Project Cost:||$215,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$107,500,000
|Local Council/Shire:||City of Wanneroo
Mitchell Freeway is the main arterial road that connects the northern suburban areas with Perth’s CBD. The freeway currently terminates at Hester Avenue. The project will extend the Mitchell Freeway a further 5.6km from Hester Avenue to Romeo Road.
Improve Accessibility, Travel Times and Road Safety:
- improve network connectivity, accessibility and road safety for all road users
- reduce travel times for communities north of Burns Beach
- provide a more direct route to Perth's northern suburbs and relieve traffic build up on nearby roads
Sustain Jobs and Enable Regional Development:
- facilitate economic and social development to communities in Perth's northern suburbs
- provide more efficient transport networks to support significant urban growth in Perth’s north-west corridor
- encourage investment in the north-west creating jobs and economic growth
The Australian Government has committed $107.5 million towards the $215 million project.
The project is in planning.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 10/05/2018