|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Estimated Project Cost:||$130,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$65,000,000
|Local Council/Shire:||City of Stirling
Stirling City Centre is a strategic metropolitan centre in Perth, located 8km north of the Perth CBD. The project will extend Stephenson Avenue from Scarborough Beach Road to the Mitchell Freeway.
Improve Accessibility, Connectivity and Travel Time:
- ease congestion by diverting traffic down Stephenson Avenue, thereby reducing travel times
- improve accessibility and productivity in the Stirling City Centre
- improve connectivity between people with jobs, services and goods with markets
Improve Local Amenities:
- facilitate economic and social development for the local community
- encourage investment in the Stirling City Centre, creating jobs and economic growth
- improve amenities for the local community, including improved liveability and transport connections
The Australian Government has committed $65 million towards the $130 million project.
The project is in planning.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 24/09/2018