The Australian Government is investing $100 billion over 10 years from 2019-20 through its rolling infrastructure plan to help manage our growing population, meet our national freight challenge and get Australians home sooner and safer. This includes an additional $23 billion of new funding in the 2019–20 Budget for new projects and initiatives that will benefit every state and territory and provide local job opportunities.
Through the 2019-20 Budget, we are investing an additional $2.2 billion through the new Local and State Government Road Safety Package to improve safety on our roads, including directly targeting our worst accident zones.
Delivering the Right Infrastructure for a Growing Nation. PDF: 16400 KB
2019 Budget project highlights by state and territory
- Urban Congestion Fund (including Commuter Car Parking Fund)
- Roads of Strategic Importance
- Princes Highway (New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia)
- Local and State Government Road Safety Package
New South Wales
- M1 Pacific Motorway Extension to Raymond Terrace PDF: 421 KB
- M12 Motorway (additional funding) PDF: 391 KB
- Newell Highway Upgrades PDF: 168 KB
- Hawkesbury River Third Crossing PDF: 487 KB
- Western Sydney North South Rail Link Stage 1 PDF: 417 KB
- Geelong Fast Rail PDF: 419 KB
- Suburban Roads Upgrades (South Eastern Roads and Northern Roads) PDF: 165 KB
- South Geelong to Waurn Ponds Rail Upgrade – Stages 2 and 3 PDF: 392 KB
- Western Highway – Complete the Duplication between Ballarat and Stawell PDF: 414 KB
- Sealing the Dandenong Ranges and surrounds PDF: 495 KB
- Goulburn Valley Highway – Shepparton Bypass Stage 1 PDF: 403 KB
- Gateway Motorway – Bracken Ridge to Pine River PDF: 463 KB
- M1 Pacific Motorway Upgrade Program – Daisy Hill to Logan Motorway PDF: 289 KB
- Warrego Highway (additional funding) PDF: 419 KB
- Cairns Ring Road PDF: 418 KB
- Gladstone Port Access Road Extension PDF: 520 KB
- Oats Street/Welshpool Road/Mint Street Level Crossing Removal PDF: 419 KB
- Albany Ring Road PDF: 422 KB
- Tonkin Highway (additional funding)
- Fremantle Traffic Bridge (Swan River Crossing) PDF: 422 KB
- Bunbury Outer Ring Road (Stages 2 and 3) PDF: 312 KB
For further details see www.budget.gov.au.
A list of 2019 budget infrastructure investment projects by state or territory is available.