The Australian Government is investing $100 billion over 10 years from 2019-20 through its rolling infrastructure plan to help manage our growing population, meet our national freight challenge and get Australians home sooner and safer. This includes an additional $23 billion of new funding in the 2019–20 Budget for new projects and initiatives that will benefit every state and territory and provide local job opportunities.
Through the 2019-20 Budget, we are investing an additional $2.2 billion through the new Local and State Government Road Safety Package to improve safety on our roads, including directly targeting our worst accident zones.
See how the Australian Government is busting congestion, making travel safer and improving connectivity by Delivering the Right Infrastructure for a Growing Nation. PDF: 16400 KB
2019 Budget project highlights by state and territory
- Urban Congestion Fund (including Commuter Car Parking Fund)
- Roads of Strategic Importance
- Princes Highway (New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia)
- Local and State Government Road Safety Package
New South Wales
- M1 Pacific Motorway Extension to Raymond Terrace PDF: 421 KB
- M12 Motorway (additional funding) PDF: 391 KB
- Newell Highway Upgrades PDF: 168 KB
- Hawkesbury River Third Crossing PDF: 487 KB
- Western Sydney North South Rail Link Stage 1 PDF: 417 KB
- Geelong Fast Rail PDF: 419 KB
- Suburban Roads Upgrades (South Eastern Roads and Northern Roads) PDF: 165 KB
- South Geelong to Waurn Ponds Rail Upgrade – Stages 2 and 3 PDF: 392 KB
- Western Highway – Complete the Duplication between Ballarat and Stawell PDF: 414 KB
- Sealing the Dandenong Ranges and surrounds PDF: 495 KB
- Goulburn Valley Highway – Shepparton Bypass Stage 1 PDF: 403 KB
- Gateway Motorway – Bracken Ridge to Pine River PDF: 463 KB
- M1 Pacific Motorway Upgrade Program – Daisy Hill to Logan Motorway PDF: 289 KB
- Warrego Highway (additional funding) PDF: 419 KB
- Cairns Ring Road PDF: 418 KB
- Gladstone Port Access Road Extension PDF: 520 KB
- Oats Street/Welshpool Road/Mint Street Level Crossing Removal PDF: 419 KB
- Albany Ring Road PDF: 422 KB
- Tonkin Highway (additional funding)
- Fremantle Traffic Bridge (Swan River Crossing) PDF: 422 KB
- Bunbury Outer Ring Road (Stages 2 and 3) PDF: 312 KB
For further details see www.budget.gov.au.
A list of 2019 budget infrastructure investment projects by state or territory is available.