Major Projects Business Case Fund
The Australian Government is investing over $120 billion over 10 years from 2022-23 through the rolling infrastructure plan to help manage our growing population, meet our national freight challenge and get Australians home sooner and safer. This includes more than $174.7 million allocated to the Major Projects Business Case Fund (MPBCF) initiative.
This initiative will fund the development of major project business cases to engage early on the next phase of major priority projects that will be required to keep the country moving. The MPBCF will support the development of future major land transport infrastructure projects the Australian Government considers have strategic merit and facilitates earlier engagement in the planning stage to ensure broader Commonwealth objectives are considered as projects are developed.
Business cases announced in the 2021–22 Budget
As part of the 2021-22 Budget, the Australian Government has committed $10 million to the Orrong Road Expressway - Graham Farmer Freeway to Leach Highway Planning project.
Business cases announced in the 2020–21 Budget
As part of the 2020-21 Budget, the Australian Government has provided $26.5 million to the following three rail business cases:
- Sydney to Newcastle Faster Rail—Planning PDF: 1908 KB
- Improving connectivity to Port of Melbourne—Business Case PDF: 2106 KB
- Perth to Bunbury Faster Rail Corridor Investigation PDF: 1355 KB
In addition, $20 million was brought forward for the Port of Brisbane Further Planning rail business case.
Business cases announced in the 2019–20 Budget
In the 2019–20 Budget, the Government announced an allocation of funding for 18 new business cases, totaling $169 million.
- Brisbane Inland Rail Intermodal Terminal PDF: 145 KB
- Brisbane North-West Transport Corridor PDF: 143 KB
- Caloundra Road Network Study PDF: 141 KB
- Centenary Motorway Upgrade PDF: 142 KB
- EastLink WA (Orange Route) PDF: 141 KB
- Fast Rail Melbourne to Albury-Wodonga PDF: 145 KB
- Fast Rail Melbourne to Traralgon PDF: 147 KB
- Fast Rail Sydney to Parkes PDF: 147 KB
- Fast Rail Sydney to Wollongong PDF: 147 KB
- Fast Rail Brisbane to Gold Coast PDF: 148 KB
- Future Road and Rail Connections for Perth PDF: 143 KB
- Melbourne Inland Rail Intermodal Terminal PDF: 144 KB
- New Line Road PDF: 143 KB
- North Brisbane Bruce Western Alternative PDF: 142 KB
- Outer Metro E6 Corridor Preservation PDF: 146 KB
- Port Botany to Kingsford Smith Airport Mascot PDF: 143 KB
- Second M1 (Coomera Connector) PDF: 147 KB
- South Geelong to Waurn Ponds Stage 3 PDF: 144 KB
- Westport Project PDF: 174 KB
Business cases announced in the 2018–19 Budget
Information about business cases announced in the 2018–19 Budget:
- Major Project Business Case Fund PDF: 2852 KB