Notes on Administration
The Notes on Administration for Land Transport Infrastructure Projects provide administrative guidance for managing projects to be funded under the National Partnership Agreement.
- Notes on Administration – January 2021 PDF: 3155 KB
Small Road Projects
For road projects receiving a total Australian Government contribution up to $7.5 million, but with the total estimated project cost not exceeding $25 million, use the following template:
- Small Road Project Proposal Report Template DOCX: 127 KB
Simple Benefit Cost Ratio Tool for Small Road Projects Only
The Department has developed an Excel-based tool to assist Funding Recipients to determine the Benefit Cost Ratio for projects receiving a total Australian Government contribution up to $7.5 million.
The tool is not intended to replace a detailed benefit cost analysis, but instead generate a reasonably realistic estimate of the conventional benefits of a project.
The tool is unlocked to enable Funding Recipients to adapt and modify it to suit the project’s circumstances. There are two separate models, with the only difference between them being the formula used to calculate vehicle operating cost savings.
The Department recommends reading the Benefits Tool Guidance before opening the models. Further instructions for using the model are embedded in the excel sheets.
- Benefits Tool Guidance PDF: 1518 KB
- Benefits Tool Guidance DOCX: 5138 KB
- Free-flow Model (well-suited to project such as road sealing/re-sealing) XLSX: 297 KB
- Interrupted Flow Model (intended to be more suited to intersection upgrades/congestion-type projects) XLSX: 311 KB
Please contact the relevant program officer for more information.