What is infrastructure investment?
The Australian Government's infrastructure investment agenda enables economic and social development in Australia's cities and regions by funding land transport infrastructure that delivers safer, more efficient connections for communities and freight.
The Australian Government is investing $110 billion over 10 years from 2020–21 through its rolling infrastructure plan to deliver a stronger and more resilient Australia, boost the economy, meet our national freight challenge and get Australians home sooner and safer.
The commitment recognises that transformational infrastructure projects are planned and built over many years.
The Australian Government promotes sustainable economic growth, development and connectivity by contributing to the development of an integrated land transport network that:
- Improves national and regional connectivity for communities and industry.
- Improves national, regional and international logistics and trade.
- Enhances health, safety and security.
- Is consistent with the obligation to current and future generations to sustain the environment.
- Is consistent with viable, long-term economic and social outcomes.
- Is linked effectively to the broader transport network.