- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Under construction
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Mid 2020 - Mid 2023
- Estimated project cost $535,000,000
- Australian Government contribution $428,010,000
- Local Council/Shire Cairns Regional Council
- State QLD
- Corridor Brisbane - Cairns
This project will see an upgrade and duplication to this section of the Bruce highway to a four lane at-grade road, with rationalisation of at-grade intersections and accesses and service roads where required. In addition, an off-road cycle path will be constructed.
Improved capacity, efficiency, flood immunity and safety.
The Australian Government has committed up to $428.01 million towards the project in partnership with the Queensland Government.
Construction is expected to commence in June 2020 and be completed in mid 2023, weather permitting.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.