- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Under construction
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Mid 2020 - Late 2023
- Estimated project cost $46,500,000
- Australian Government contribution $37,200,000
- Local Council/Shire Shire of Laverton,Shire of Ngaanyatjarraku
- State WA
The project involves approximately 87km of progressive sealing works along the Outback Way in Western Australia.
The project is expected to deliver the following benefits:
- reduced travel time for all road users
- reduced costs to freight operators and improved route reliability through a decrease in road closures and reduced vehicle operating costs
- improved economic opportunities for all industries (such as mining and tourism) through improved access across the region
- reduced accidents by improving the overall safety of the route
The Australian Government has committed up to $37.2 million, with the Western Australian Government contibuting $9.3 million.
Construction commenced in mid 2020 and is due for completion by late 2023.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.