- Funding program Roads of Strategic Importance
- Status Completed
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Early 2021 - Mid 2022
- Estimated project cost $4,808,000
- Australian Government contribution $3,846,000
- Local Council/Shire Balonne Shire Council
- State QLD
This project will upgrade the intersection of the Carnarvon Highway and Salmon Road. Upgrades include road realignment, pavement rehabilitation, widening lanes and shoulders and improving the intersection geometry.
- Improved safety by upgrading pavement, lane and shoulder width
- Improved freight connectivity
- Increased resilience of infrastructure
- Improved reliability and efficiency of freight movements
The Australian Government has committed $3.8 million to this project.
The project commenced in early 2021 and is expected to be completed by mid 2022.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.