- Funding program Roads of Strategic Importance
- Status Under construction
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Late 2021 - Early 2023
- Estimated project cost $21,540,000
- Australian Government contribution $17,230,000
- Local Council/Shire Etheridge Shire Council
- State QLD
This project is one of two early works along the Cairns to Northern Territory Border corridor upgrade, part of the Roads of Strategic Importance initiative. The project will strengthen and widen approximately 12.3 km of the Gulf Developmental Road between Mount Garnett and Croydon.
Works will include upgrading single lane road sections to two-way two lane sections and full width sprayed seal, resealing and/or rehabilitating existing deficient two lane sections and any necessary culverts works as required.
- Improved road safety for all users.
- Improved connectivity between people with jobs and services, and goods with markets.
- Improved efficiency and network reliability.
The Australian Government is contributing $17.2 million to the project, or 80 per cent, with the Queensland Government contributing 20 per cent or $4.3 million.
Construction commenced in late 2021 and completion is expected by early 2023.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.