- Funding program Major Project Business Case
- Status In planning
- Transport mode Rail
- Expected start/finish Mid 2022 - Mid 2024
- Estimated project cost $15,000,000
- Australian Government contribution $7,500,000
- Local Council/Shire Brimbank City Council,City of Maribyrnong,Melbourne City Council (City of Melbourne),Melton City Council
- State VIC
This project will support development of a business case for improving connectivity to Port of Melbourne, including between the Port and the future Interstate Intermodal Terminals.
- Improved freight productivity and access to freight gateways
- Improved connectivity between people with jobs and services, and goods with markets
- Improved freight rail services
- Improved efficiency and network reliability
The Australian Government has committed $7.5 million towards the project.
The business case is expected to commence mid 2022 and be completed by mid 2024.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.