- Funding program Roads of Strategic Importance
- Status In planning
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Early 2024 - Early 2026
- Estimated project cost $40,000,000
- Australian Government contribution $32,000,000
- Local Council/Shire Warrumbungle Shire Council
- State NSW
- Corridor Melbourne - Brisbane
This projects involves the upgrade of the intersection of the Newell Highway and Oxley Highway near Coonabarabran.
- Improved road safety for all road users.
- Improved efficiency and network reliability.
- Improved accessibility and connectivity of road networks.
The Australian Government is committing $32 million towards this project
Construction is expected to commence early 2024 and construction is expected to be completed by early 2026.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.