|Funding Program:||Innovation Projects & Research Entities
|Expected Start/Finish:||Early 2012 - Mid 2015
|Estimated Project Cost:||$1,476,053
|Australian Government Contribution:||$1,476,053
The project will sort and identify plans and other records and prepare them for archiving in South Australia or transfer to other jurisdictions as appropriate. As part of this process the following will be completed:
- Provision of Customer Service - ensuring ongoing customer access/service to industry and community users during the identifying and archiving process
- Review and index all scanned discs of plans provided by Commonwealth for Genesee Wyoming Australia and Great Southern Rail
- Preparation of Records Disposal Schedule/s - identifying records of ongoing or temporary value
- Registration - all permanent records to be registered in the current Government Records Series system before transfer
- Process and Transfer – Sentencing, processing and packaging of all plans and other records
- Transport – of all plans from current location to State Records and later, their final location.
The project will sort and identify records and prepare them for transfer to the appropriate jurisdiction. This will provide improved access for community and industry groups.
The Australian Government has committed $1.5 million towards this project.
The project commenced in March 2012 and was completed mid 2015.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 28/05/2020