|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Mid 2015 - Mid 2016
|Estimated Project Cost:||$2,142,939
|Australian Government Contribution:||$2,142,939
|Local Council/Shire:||The Council of Camden
Local Roads Package
The Australian Government, in partnership with the New South Wales (NSW) Government, has announced a ten-year road investment programme of over $3.6 billion for western Sydney. This programme includes a $200 million funding package for upgrades to locally important roads, and is part of the Australian Government’s plan to build the infrastructure of the 21st century and grow the NSW economy.
The Local Roads Package will enable the Australian Government to fund a range of works that will improve local transport connections and support the communities of western Sydney around the airport. This package will fund a range of road upgrades which would have the greatest benefits for local communities by increasing safety and improving traffic flows.
Argyle Street/Camden Valley Way Corridor Upgrade Stage 1
This project will include:
- new traffic signals at the intersection of Argyle Street and Oxley Street;
- new pedestrian signals on Argyle Street between John and Hill Street; and
- travel lane re-configuration on Argyle Street between Murray Street and Hill Street.
The project will achieve the following objectives:
- improved traffic flow and reduce travel times through the Camden town centre onto strategic routes;
- improved safety by reducing the number of crashes;
- increased capacity and enhanced efficiency of the road network;
- increased amenity for local residents; businesses and customers; and
- increased opportunities for local business with improved access to the Camden shopping precinct.
The Australian Government is fully funding this $2.14 million project.
Construction commenced on 17 August 2015 and was completed on 14 August 2016.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 2/08/2018