|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Mid 2018 - Late 2018
|Estimated Project Cost:||$5,004,902
|Australian Government Contribution:||$2,440,000
|Local Council/Shire:||Blue Mountains City Council
The key features of which are:
- left turn ONLY from Great Western Highway into Hare St south section then left ONLY onto Wascoe St
- left turn from Wascoe St onto Hare St south section then left ONLY onto the highway (westbound)
- signalisation of Ross St intersection with the highway
- left and right turn from Ross St onto the highway
- left and right turn from the highway into Ross St
- improved bus stop facility on the northern side of the highway leading to greater safety and amenity for bus passengers
The project provided:
- improved safety and access for all traffic and especially peak congestion at Hare St south side intersection and resulting problem driver behaviour, vehicle confrontations and accidents
- direct and enhanced access to and from Glenbrook Village Centre with the Great Western Hwy (east and west bound), as well as more effective access to the highway at Glenbrook
- additional pedestrian crossings of the highway
- improvement to the existing poor bus stop on the northern side of the highway.
The Australian Government contributed $2.4 million towards the Ross Street project.
The project was completed in December 2018.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 13/10/2020