|Funding Program:||Roads to Recovery Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Feb 2016 - Dec 2016
|Australian Government Contribution:||$177,030
|Local Council/Shire:||Clare & Gilbert Valleys Council
A number of deficiencies over the section of concerning the road alignment, sheeting condition and drainage. Generally, the sheeting was noted to be in relatively poor condition with the sheeting ravelling and forming a loose, rough and dusty surface in dry months, and a slippery surface in the winter months. There are also locations where the sheeting was worn through to sub grade. A number of locations were identified where the drainage was sub-standard with water ponding along the road side and in places crossing the road.
• Drainage works have been identified as being required along Gillentown Road with the installation new box culverts along various chainage locations.
• Vegetation trimming works have been identified along Gillentown Road.
Forming of Road and Re-sheeting
• Works have been identified along Gillentown Road to ensure its shape and drainage is satisfactory.
• Road shaping works will include forming the road side drains to drain to the new culvert locations.
• The road will be constructed and sheeted to sub base standard satisfactory for future base coarse and sealing.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 10/02/2017