|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Estimated Project Cost:||$125,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$100,000,000
The Buntine Highway involves upgrading priority sections of the Buntine Highway to deliver flood immunity, safety improvements and pavement strengthening and widening works along the route.
The Buntine Highway is a 558 kilometres long rural arterial road, in which the first 336 kilometres is sealed and the remaining 222 kilometres is predominantly unsealed.
Improved Freight Efficiency, Connectivity and Travel Time:
- improved travel times and operating costs along the corridor
- improved flood immunity along the corridor
- improved access to remote communities
- provide safer overtaking opportunities
- reduce crash frequencies
- increase weight limit for heavy vehicles
Support Regional and Local Economic Development:
- support inter-state connections between the Northern Territory and Western Australia
- support the growth of rural populations and the agricultural and mining industries
The Australian Government has committed up to $100 million towards this $125 million project.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 24/09/2018