|Funding Program:||Major Project Business Case
|Estimated Project Cost:||$20,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$10,000,000
|Local Council/Shire:||Shire of Mundaring,Shire of Northam,City of Swan
Funding will be provided towards the planning and development of an alternative route between Northam and Perth to the current alignment of the Great Eastern Highway, which will bypass Greenmount Hill.
Improve Freight Efficiency, Connectivity and Travel Time:
- improve freight efficiency and increase freight network capacity resulting in increased supply chain efficiency
- reduce costs for heavy vehicle operators, companies and commuters as a result of reduced travel time
- reduce congestion on the network
Improve Accessibility and Productivity:
- improve access for heavy vehicles along the Great Eastern Highway
- improve freight productivity
- greater fuel efficiencies and reduced emissions
Improve Safety Outcomes and Community Amenity:
- improve road safety
- improve amenities for local communities on the existing route
The Australian Government has committed $10 million towards the $20 million project.
The project is expected to commence in the coming years.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 24/09/2018