|Funding Program:||Urban Congestion Fund
|Expected Start/Finish:||Mid 2021 - Early 2023
|Estimated Project Cost:||$75,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$37,500,000
|Local Council/Shire:||Logan City Council
This project will upgrade the two-lane, two-way rural road carriageway of the Mount Lindesay Highway between Stoney Camp Road and Chambers Flat Road in Munruben.
The works include:
- Provision of a four-lane dual carriageway from the north past the Stoney Camp Road interchange, down to the Chambers Flat Road interchange
- Minor ramp upgrades at Stoney Camp and Chambers Flat Interchanges
- Rehabilitation of the existing two lanes to form the southbound dual lanes
- Construction of new northbound and southbound bridges over Norris Creek
- Installation of noise and safety barriers
- Pavement rehabilitation on the retained existing carriageway
The project will deliver the following benefits:
- Reduced congestion and travel times
- Improved safety for all road users
- Improved network resilience and reliability
The Australian Government has committed $37.5 million to the project.
Construction is expected to commence in mid 2021, with completion expected in early 2023.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 14/01/2021