|Funding Program:||Major Project Business Case
|Expected Start/Finish:||TBC - TBC
|Estimated Project Cost:||$8,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$4,000,000
|Local Council/Shire:||City of Greater Geelong
The project will undertake preliminary planning and design work to reconstruct the Geelong Rail Tunnel between Geelong to South Geelong Station.
This will inform future works for Stage 3 of the South Geelong to Waurn Ponds project, which will:
- increase passenger rail services
- improve connectivity between people, jobs and services, and goods with markets
- increase transport infrastructure capacity
- change travel behaviours and decrease private vehicle use
- improve accessibility, connectivity and travel times
- improve access to essential services such as health and education
The Australian Government will invest $4 million in the business case on a 50:50 basis with the Victorian Government.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 2/04/2019