|Funding Program:||Roads of Strategic Importance
|Expected Start/Finish:||Mid 2020 - Mid 2021
|Estimated Project Cost:||$21,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$15,000,000
Sealing of roads in the mango growing region of Litchfield, including:
- Chibnall Road between Old Bynoe and Leonino Road (approximately 5km)
- Mocatto Road between Whitstone and Acacia Gap Road (approximately 3km)
- Horsnell Road between Elizabeth Valley Road and Alverly (approximately 3km)
- Kentish Road between Hopewell Road and the end of the current sealed section (approximately 3km)
This project will deliver:
- Improved connectivity between people with jobs and services, and goods with markets
- Improved road safety
- Improved freight efficiency, connectivity and travel time
- Improved economic productivity
- Improved flood immunity on key routes in the region
The Australian Government has committed $15 million to this project.
Construction is expected to start in mid-2020.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 13/11/2019