|Funding Program:||Roads of Strategic Importance
|Expected Start/Finish:||Late 2020 - Late 2020
|Estimated Project Cost:||$6,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$4,800,000
|Local Council/Shire:||Banana Shire Council,Central Highlands Regional Council
This project will strengthen and widen up to 11.8km of the Dawson Highway between Banana and Rolleston.
- Increased regional connectivity between communities as road widths increase and roughness reduces
- Increased road user confidence and travel reliability improving access to vital services
- Increased economic productivity by reducing input costs to industry through reduction to road user costs, particularly high productivity freight vehicles
- Improved access for heavy vehicles benefiting local agricultural, mining and tourism industries
- Reduce the cost to the community of operating the road network
- Improved social impacts, with improved visual amenity and liveability by provision of a smoother wider highway
The Australian Government has committed $4.8 million towards this project.
The project commenced in September 2020 and was completed in December 2020, ahead of schedule.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 30/04/2021