|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Mid 2020 - Mid 2021
|Estimated Project Cost:||$10,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$5,000,000
This project involves restoring road pavements at the following sections of Northbourne Avenue:
- Condamine Street and MacArthur Avenue (Northbound)
- Antill Street and MacArthur Avenue (Southbound)
- Mouat Street to Macarthur Avenue (Southbound)
The project involves removing the existing pavement surface and structural layer of pavement, remediating poor condition sub-surface areas and then reconstructing the road pavement.
- Improve road safety for all road users
- Reduce congestion and improve travel times
- Improve efficiency and network reliability
- Improve connectivity between people with jobs and services, and goods with markets
- Improve accessibility and connectivity of road networks
The Australian Government has committed $5 million.
The project commenced mid 2020, and construction completed mid 2021.
This commitment will enable the project to commence two years ahead of schedule.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 4/08/2021