|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Late 2020 - Mid 2021
|Estimated Project Cost:||$3,500,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$1,750,000
|Local Council/Shire:||City of Palmerston
This package of works will upgrade high priority sections of road in urban areas of Darwin, Palmerston and Alice Springs by replacing the existing deteriorating asphalt surface. The following roads will be upgraded:
- Darwin: Vanderlin Drive, McMinn Street and the Stuart Highway at the Amy Johnson Avenue Intersection;
- Palmerston: University Avenue;
- Alice Springs: Larapinta Drive and Stott Terrace.
- Improved efficiency and network reliability
- Improved connectivity between people with jobs and services, and goods with markets
- Improved accessibility and connectivity of road networks
- Improved road safety for all road users
The Australian Government committed $1.75 million towards this $3.5 million project, in partnership with the Northern Territory Government.
Construction on the project commenced in September 2020 and completed in mid 2021.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 20/09/2021