|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Mid 2021 - Mid 2022
|Estimated Project Cost:||$9,500,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$7,600,000
Upgrades to five sections of the Stuart Highway in regional areas of the Northern Territory:
- Pavement strengthening and widening between chainages 549.1-550.8km and 595.5-597.5km
- Pavement rehabilitation at Renner Springs (between chainages 824.5-826.5km), Elizabeth River to Jenkins Road (between chainages 8.7-39.6km) and North of Tropic of Capricorn (various sections between chainages 1218-1461km)
- Improved efficiency and network reliability
- Improved connectivity between people with jobs and services, and goods with markets
- Improved accessibility and connectivity of road networks
- Improved road safety for all road users
The Australian Government committed $7.6 million towards this $9.5 million project, in partnership with the Northern Territory Government.
The project is scheduled to start in mid 2021 with construction to be completed by mid 2022.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 12/10/2020