|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Late 2020 - Mid 2022
|Estimated Project Cost:||$85,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$68,000,000
|Local Council/Shire:||Shire of Capel
The Bussell Highway Duplication project will construct a dual carriageway between Capel and Busselton and be delivered in the following stages:
- Stage 1: construct a 5 km long extension of the existing dual carriageway to the south of Hutton Road, including the Tuart Drive intersection
- Stage 2: construct a 12 km long extension of the existing dual carriageway from Hutton Road to south of Sabina River
- Improve road safety for all road users
- Reduce congestion and improve travel times
- Improve efficiency and network reliability
The Australian Government has committed $68 million towards the $85 million project.
Construction commenced in October 2020 and is expected to be completed in mid 2022.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 23/10/2020