|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Early 2021 - Mid 2022
|Estimated Project Cost:||$14,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$11,200,000
|Local Council/Shire:||Shire of Carnarvon,Shire of Exmouth
This project will undertake seal widening of two sections:
- Section 1A and 1B: 24 km section from North West Coastal Hwy Highway to the Lyndon River (0 to 24 SLK)
- Section 2: 18 km section south of Learmonth (113 to 131 SLK)
- Improve road safety for all road users
- Improve efficiency and network reliability
- Improve connectivity between people with jobs and services, and goods with markets
The Australian Government has committed $11.2 million towards the $14.0 million project.
Construction started in January 2021 and is expected to be completed mid 2022.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 18/06/2021