|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Expected Start/Finish:||Late 2020 - Early 2022
|Estimated Project Cost:||$14,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$11,200,000
|Local Council/Shire:||Carpentaria Shire Council
Progressive sealing of priority sections of the Burke Developmental Road.
- Improve road safety for all road users
- Improve efficiency and network reliability
- Improve connectivity between people with jobs and services, and goods with markets
- Improve accessibility and connectivity of road networks
- Improve freight productivity
The Australian Government has committed up to $11.2 million towards this project.
Construction started on the project in late 2020 and is expected to be completed by early 2022, weather permitting.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 6/01/2021