|Funding Program:||Investment Road and Rail Program
|Estimated Project Cost:||$20,000,000
|Australian Government Contribution:||$10,000,000
|Local Council/Shire:||Hume City Council,City of Whittlesea,Wyndham City Council
The Australian and Victorian governments are jointly undertaking a Detailed Business Case to investigate the planning, design development and delivery along Melbourne’s Outer Metropolitan Ring and E6 Corridor to support the future construction of this proposed transport link.
This new transport link is expected to:
- provide accessibility to jobs, education and other social and economic opportunities for residents in new growth corridors
- provide integration and connectivity between planned and existing trade gateways and nationally significant manufacturing and distribution clusters
- create more liveable communities by supporting the delivery of future passenger and freight rail services to Melbourne's north and west and reducing the freight network's overall impact on communities and the environment.
- Improved road safety for all road users
- Improved connectivity between people with jobs and services, and goods with markets
- Supporting a more integrated and effective transport system
- Improved efficiency and network reliability
Australian Government Funding: $10.0 million
Victorian Government contribution: $10.0 million
Total: $20.0 million
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available
on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional
advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important
matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance
of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional
advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Project details last updated: 21/05/2021