Bridges Renewal Program and Heavy Vehicle Safety and Productivity Program - Resources
The Bridges Renewal Program (BRP) and the Heavy Vehicle Safety and Productivity Program (HVSPP) are complementary programs designed to provide funding to State, Territory and Local Governments for projects which will:
- upgrade and replace bridges to enhance access for local communities and facilitate higher productivity vehicle access (BRP) and;
- increase the productivity and safety of heavy vehicle operations (HVSPP).
Applications are accepted all year round to provide increased flexibility and permit projects to be submitted when they will most benefit Australia’s bridges and heavy vehicle infrastructure.
Applications are continually assessed with recommended projects batched on a regular basis for approval by the Minister. Timing of each tranche is subject to change and is dependent on demand, however we expect tranches to close around the end of February, May, August and November each year.
All mandatory and important documentation for both programs are below.
- Guidelines for Applicants DOCX: 164 KB – The Guidelines for Applicants outline the application process for the programs and contain the mandatory requirements for an application.
- Guidelines for Successful Funding Recipients DOCX: 164 KB – The Guidelines for Successful Funding Recipients support proponents. They outline the obligations that proponents must follow in their management of the project.
- Application Form XLSX: 213 KB – The Application Form is mandatory for all applications. It is used by applicants to provide information about each project.
Applications must be submitted through the IMS system: Access IMS at ims.infrastructure.gov.au.
You will be able to download a Nomination Form when you access IMS. This must also be submitted through the IMS system.
- Request for Tender Exemption Form DOCX: 139 KB – The Request for Tender Exemption form is mandatory when a proponent is seeking an exemption from tendering works greater than $100,000. The form also explains when exemptions may not be required.
- Milestone Claim Form DOCX: 136 KB – The Milestone Claim Form is mandatory for proponents to claim a milestone payment. The completed form, along with supporting evidence should be sent to the relevant State/Territory transport department (if required by them) or directly to the department at the contact details provided below.
- Project Variation Request DOCX: 162 KB – The Project Variation Request form is mandatory if the scope, cost or schedule of an approved project is changing.
- Project Withdrawal Request DOCX: 156 KB – The Project Withdrawal Request form is mandatory when a proponent wants to withdraw a funded project.
- Monthly Report Template XLSM: 59 KB – State and Territory transport departments report on the status of funded projects each month. Where updates aren’t provided, this Monthly Report Template can be used to provide updates on funded projects.
- Post Completion Report DOCX: 131 KB – The Post Completion Report provides a summary of key features of the project. It is mandatory and must be submitted with the Claim for Payment of the Final Milestone. The Final Milestone will not be paid until the Department accepts the Post-Completion Report.
If you have questions in relation to the programs or any of the above resources, please contact us by email: