Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
About the program
On 22 May 2020 the Australian Government announced a new $500 million Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program (LRCI Program).
This program will support local councils to deliver priority local road and community infrastructure projects across Australia, supporting jobs and the resilience of local economies to help communities bounce back from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The LRCI Program is part of the Government's $1.8 billion boost for road and community projects through local governments across Australia, including the bringing forward of $1.3 billion of the 2020-21 Financial Assistance Grant payment, which will also help communities battling the effects of COVID-19. In 2019-20 the Government will provide a total of $2.5 billion to local governments through the Financial Assistance Grant program.
Funding allocations for the LRCI Program have been calculated in a similar way to how the Roads to Recovery Program and the road component of the Financial Assistance Grants works.
This formula takes into consideration road length and population and is based on recommendations of Local Government Grants Commissions.
- Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Funding Allocations PDF: 285 KB
Bring forward allocations under the 2020-21 Financial Assistance Grant for local councils can be found at the below link.
- 2020-21 Financial Assistance Grant Bring Forward Funding Allocations PDF: 41 KB
- Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program – Program Guidelines PDF: 145 KB
- Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program – Signage Guidelines PDF: 559 KB
Work Schedule—Project Nomination
Eligible Funding Recipients are required to nominate project(s) they plan to undertake with LRCI Program funding by completing a Work Schedule - Project Nomination form. A separate form must be completed for each project or group of small projects.
- Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program—Work Schedule - Project Nomination form PDF: 203 KB
Eligible Funding Recipients can submit the project nomination form(s) to the Department when they return the signed Grant Agreement, or after the signed Grant Agreement has been provided to the Department.
- Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program Frequently Asked Questions DOCX: 203 KB PDF: 641 KB
All enquiries can be addressed to IIP@infrastructure.gov.au