- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Completed
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Mid 2013 - Late 2014
- Estimated project cost $57,509,491
- Australian Government contribution $46,007,593
- Local Council/Shire Bundaberg Regional Council,Gladstone Regional Council
- State QLD
- Corridor Brisbane - Cairns
This project involved a re-alignment of the Bruce Highway, north of Gin Gin between Cabbage Tree Creek and Carmen Road and at Back Creek Range. The improvements will provide an improved alignment with a wider road surface on a flatter grade.
The Cabbage Tree Creek to Carmen Road and Back Creek Range project provides substantially improved road safety through improved alignment, wider traffic lanes and sealed shoulders. Other benefits include:
- shorter travel time
- higher operating speeds
- improved productivity through reduced operating costs for freight vehicles
- reduced travel times through an increased number of passing opportunities
The Australian Government provided $46,007,593 to the project, in partnership with the Queensland Government.
Major construction construction commenced in June 2013 and was completed in September 2014.
Early works at Back Creek Range commenced in October 2012.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.