- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Completed
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Early 2009 - Late 2013
- Estimated project cost $49,000,000
- Australian Government contribution $49,000,000
- Local Council/Shire Mackay Regional Council
- State QLD
- Corridor Brisbane - Cairns
This project involved the duplication of the Bruce Highway to four lanes from Temples Lane to the existing four lanes at Boundary Road and the upgrade of six intersections and was constructed in three stages:
- Stage 1 - intersection upgrade at Farrelly’s Lane/Schmidtkes Road and duplication of the Bruce Highway from Farrelly’s Lane to Boundary Road;
- Stage 2 - upgrade of the Boundary Road and City Gates intersections; and
- Stage 3 - duplication of the Bruce Highway from Temples Lane to Farrelly’s Lane.
The upgrade created safer driving conditions and shorter commute times through reduced congestion.
The Australian Government provided $49 million towards the project.
Construction of Stage 1 was completed in January 2010 and Stage 2 was completed in June 2012. Stage 3 works commenced in June 2012, with the project being fully completed in October 2013.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.