- Funding program Investment Road and Rail Program
- Status Completed
- Transport mode Road
- Expected start/finish Late 2009 - Mid 2017
- Estimated project cost $105,400,000
- Australian Government contribution $105,400,000
- Local Council/Shire Burdekin Shire Council,Hinchinbrook Shire Council,Townsville City Council,Cairns Regional Council,Cassowary Coast Regional Council,Mackay Regional Council,Whitsunday Regional Council
- State QLD
- Corridor Brisbane - Cairns
The project involved safety enhancement works at known crash blackspots on the Bruce Highway between Sarina and Cairns.
The black spot projects will improve safety for road users.
The Australian Government is providing up to $105.4 million to the project.
Construction commenced on the first of the black spot projects in late 2009 and works were completed in mid 2017.
Project last updated:
Disclaimer: The material contained in this site is made available on the understanding that the Department is not thereby engaged in rendering professional advice for a particular purpose. Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate the accuracy, completeness and relevance of the information for their purposes and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.